wide angle engagement portraits

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...and tilted too. Fun ones from recent engagement portrait sessions. Both shot with a 20D.

oel_4972.jpg

Selective coloring isn't usually my thing, but the purple fringing around the branches was the worst I'd ever seen. It looked cool in a twilight zone sort of way, but that wasn't really what I was going for here. ;)

eraz_5199color.jpg

I'm not a real fan of tilted photos but I gotta say the future bride in #2 does not look real happy. Hope you got her to smile in others.

Yeah, there are plenty with big smiles.

eraz_5115.jpg

Actually, the problem was getting the groom-to-be to look serious. The bride-to-be wanted some shots that weren't "smile at the camera and say cheese", as she put it, but the groom cracked up everytime.

elsaspet said:
Oh, I like the one with smiles lots more!

I live and do most of my work in a college town, so a lot of my clients are in their 20s and 30s. Again and again they ask me to make sure we create plenty of portraits with serious or dramatic expressions. Of course they want smiley shots too, but they often comment that those are for mom or grandma. They want something different to hang on their own wall.

Nevermind the lack of smile, if I was any sort of "real" photographer I would've made him leave that red shirt in the car! ;)

wow, tilt shots from Matt!! :)

I like the first and the last shot. I wouldn't have noticed the selective colouring if you hadn't mentioned it. It's very suble and works well here. The last one however is a bit too tilted for my taste. But I like the expression and the sepia.

fredcwdoc said:
I'm not a real fan of tilted photos but I gotta say the future bride in #2 does not look real happy. Hope you got her to smile in others.

ahahaha..Looks like forced wedding...:lmao:

monicam said:
ahahaha..Looks like forced wedding...:lmao:

It seems to me that every engagement portrait session is at least 1/2 forced. It's always the bride's idea, and the groom is forced to go along with it. ;)

danalec99 said:
I wouldn't have noticed the selective colouring if you hadn't mentioned it. It's very suble and works well here. The last one however is a bit too tilted for my taste. But I like the expression and the sepia.

I really can't stomach it if it isn't pretty subtle. There are a few other similar shots that I kept all color.

I agree that the last one is too tilted.

The tree one is definitely the best! I wouldn't know about 1/2 forced weddings, but you've done well with them! ;)

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back