Wide angle lens for my D50

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by phil-ray, Nov 14, 2006.

1. phil-ray

phil-ray TPF Noob!

at the moment i have a 18- 200 Sigma zoom lens for day to day use but i would like something a bit more wide angle, maybe not pure fish eye teratory but a bit more wide angle any way.

not worried about zoom capabilities (sp)

any suggestions?

anything around £500 (english pounds) but anything concidered, just will need to save up for longer.

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know if you can afford the Nikon 12-24, but if not i've heard the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 is superb.

3. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Another good choice is the Sigma 10-20 zoom. It is the one I would buy if I didn't already have the Nikkor 12-24.

4. phil-ray

phil-ray TPF Noob!

cheers for the suggestions, ill look into it. i know people dont rate sigma but i have never had a problem with my sigma lens

5. Mohain

Mohain TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've just got hold of a sigma 10-20 and it's a great lens. VERY wide and very sharp.

6. phil-ray

phil-ray TPF Noob!

again thanks for the comments guys i just got my hands on the sigma 10 -20 and its bloody awsum, i cdan get very very close to a car or a big odject and i can get it in fraime. expect photos tomorrow when its light from it.

wasnt going to get it today, i actaly went into the shop to order it in, as on there website it said 4 weeks delivery, so thought i would get it after the next pay day, tho they had it today so i grabbed the chance.

heres a few pics i just took there now of the camera

Sigma 10-20 wide angle lens

heres a few pics of the lens and a few of the diffrence it makes compared to my other 18-200 sigma zoom lens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the first pic is on the tripod with the 18- 200 zoom, taken at 18mm, the second pic was taken in the same spot but taken with my new lens and at 10mm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

expect more pics when i get out and about tomorrow