Wide Angle Lens

Sobek5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Any suggestions on a wide angle lens under $300? I have a few in mind, but just wanted to see what other people were using.

I've got a Canon 30D, and thus have that fun little conversion factor of 1.6 making wide angle, all the harder. Any suggestions?

nope. You shouldn't put junk $300 glass on a $1300 camera body.

nope. You shouldn't put junk $300 glass on a $1300 camera body.

Agreed. Besides, I don't think there are any wide-angle (I'm assuming you mean sub-18mm) lenses that I've seen for less than $500-600.

Agreed. Besides, I don't think there are any wide-angle (I'm assuming you mean sub-18mm) lenses that I've seen for less than $500-600.
Agreed. The cheapest of the super-wides are the tamron/tokina/sigmas. And they're in the 450-550 range.

Good point made there by Switch. I suppose saving up for a higher quality lens is the best bet. I'm just frustrated using the same old lens that I've had for years now. Thanks for all the information guys, i'll put it to use.

The lenses in the $500-600 range (Tokina etc) should be good. For under $300 I don't think you'd get anything, junk or not, I just haven't seen any zooms in the 10-24mm area in that price range.

Most reactions

Back