wide angle lense and Sigma 10-20 questions.

rgower

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys I have a Nikon D300 and i'm looking to add a wide angle to my collection. I really want to use conkin filters on it, so that writes off the sigma 12-24 and possibly others. I'll be using it mostly for landscape for my travels over western europe, so maybe a bit of architechture. I don't mind investing more in lenses, and i'm willing to spend up to 1k... so what is the best lense for me? Also, if you recommend a lense could you please also tell me the ring size so I can buy the ring adapter for conkin p series off of ebay and try to shave some time off of the shipping?

I'm a complete amateur but i'm passionate about learning, and investing in a hobby that has totally captured me. Thanks for any suggestions!

PS: I have googled this question and seen lots of threads already, but hopefully my specific needs makes the answer a little more clear.

I love my Sigma 10-20. I use the P series Cokin graduated ND filter with it. It's alot cheaper than $1K. On a 1.6X crop factor camera, there is a big difference between 10 and 12mm.

Here is one example (@ 10mm):

walkway.jpg

and another at 10mm

marshsunset.jpg

My June Shadows entry is a portrait with the lens ... stay tuned until they are posted.

Check out this link: http://www.10-20mm.com/

Build of the lens is excellent and color rendition is great. Essentially no CA. Filter size is 77mm. Ultra WA is loads of fun, too. You should note that this is really wide! You might be disappointed if you don't already have a lens in the 20-50mm range (I use my 17-50 alot more than I use the 10-20).

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3301&navigator=6

Last edited:
No i specifically want a wide one, i have an 18-200 which is going to probably take the brunt of my photo taking due to its versatility and me being traveling. Thanks a lot for the input

You should also take a look at the Tokina 11-16mm 2.8. Many seem to like the lens.

The Sigma 10-20 is one of my more fun lenses to use. I am VERY happy with it.

934994494_a971b19b7c.jpg

2264260296_ab7464de51.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back