Wide angle lense

RaySky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
HI!!! How is everyone?

Anywho, I do a lot of concert photography and I mean lots...I want to get a fish eye or wide angle lens to add something to my photos. I have a sony a390 that I take to concerts since its my older camera and it will get bashed around a lot... LOL so any suggestions?:lmao:

A lot of good choices. The 16-80mm Carl Zeiss, 11-18mm, the Sigma 8-16mm, widest on the market. A fisheye is more of a niche lens if you ask me. But the 18-50mm is one sweet lens and also 2.8. It would be my choice no question.

tokina 11-16 f2.8
sigma 10-20 f3.5
sigma 17-50 f2.8

Sigma 8mm fisheye f3.5
sigma 4.5mm fisheye f/2.8

Rokinon 8mm f3.5 manual focus.

The only lens that is really cost effective is the rokinon which you can get for about $200. All the rest your looking at $700 or more.

Last edited:
HI!!! How is everyone?

Anywho, I do a lot of concert photography and I mean lots...I want to get a fish eye or wide angle lens to add something to my photos. I have a sony a390 that I take to concerts since its my older camera and it will get bashed around a lot... LOL so any suggestions?:lmao:
Budget?

HI!!! How is everyone?

Budget?

She's still rockin a entry level sony. So I would guess cheap.

What kind concert photography?

If you really want to get a fisheye ... go for the Rokinon/Samyang/Bower as you really don't need to focus ... though I believe you will have to work the aperture manually via the dial on the lens.

CHEAP: get a screw on mounted fisheye lens. Sh!t quality but a ton of fun!

Careful with this, I bought a Ziekos screw on for around thirty dollars and couldnt stand the results. I wound up having it stolen and figure the burglar probably regrets taking it. MLEEK, did you have a better experience? I know the prices go up from 30 but how bout the quality?

Careful with this, I bought a Ziekos screw on for around thirty dollars and couldnt stand the results. I wound up having it stolen and figure the burglar probably regrets taking it. MLEEK, did you have a better experience? I know the prices go up from 30 but how bout the quality?

Did you happen to see the Sh!t quality part of that? Yeah... it sucked but it was a lot of fun to play with!

I have the 16-80 Zeiss mentioned above; awesome lens, but not a fish eye. Also a bit expensive to take to a rock concert and having it "bashed around" like you mentioned. I woul dprobably go with the Tamron one if I were looking for something cheap.

Cheap lenses also would probably flare like crazy trying to shoot under stage lighting. Super wides are bad to do it.

As concerts have typically terrible light for photographers, get the widest/fastest lens you can get to keep shutter speed up.

I don't know if you have bought a wide angle lens or not, but I have the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and have been having a lot of fun with it. The images are also very sharp.

I don't know if you have bought a wide angle lens or not, but I have the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and have been having a lot of fun with it. The images are also very sharp.

I also use the tokina 11-16. Great lens. The rokinon fisheye is great too. Both are very sharp. The rokinon will flare a lot if you're not careful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back