wide angle lenses

tactile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to buy a nice wide angle lens in the upcoming month. I've been browsing Amazon on the daily and when I have time- some reviews. My budget is up to/around 900$. I really like the Nikon 14-24mm zoom wide angle, but it is on the pricier side. I was wondering if there were any just as good with possibly a zoom (and auto-focus for a d40)? I've considered Sigma, but after purchasing a fisheye from them- I was not completely satisfied for the quality. If you know of any please let me know!! Thank you!!

actually, if I save up- I could possibly have a 1,300$ budget if thats any help- I just would maybe like to save a few hundred for a macro lens.

There are many people here who have and recommend the Sigma wide angle.

I don't believe you NEED an f/2.8 lens for a very wide angle. Its a nice to have, but the most usage I get from the 10-22 is for landscape style work where its on a tripod. I've used it for some portraits (when using the distortion has its advantages), but not too often.

He/she has a D40. If you want auto-focus, you really have no choice but the pricey 12-24 from Nikon (or the 10-24MM). I would get the 10-24, as it is newer, and actually less expensive on Amazon.

I have the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8. Very nice lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back