Wide Angle - Nikon (FX)

The 14-24mm f/2.8 is a marquee lens for ultra-wides (any brand) and the price point is indicative. If you find a bad review, I'd be utterly surprised. I've had mine for a little while now. No negative comments from me.

I also have the 20mm f/2.8D which might be an alternative when you go FX for wide (not ultra). Awesome little performer.

The 14-24mm f/2.8 is a marquee lens for ultra-wides (any brand) and the price point is indicative. If you find a bad review, I'd be utterly surprised. I've had mine for a little while now. No negative comments from me.

I also have the 20mm f/2.8D which might be an alternative when you go FX for wide (not ultra). Awesome little performer.

Thanks a ton! Ya, I'm well excited to get a nice 14-24, but the camera body is fist on my list now. Might be a while before the lens!

on a sort of side note, I was thinking of grabbing a second prime. I have a 50 at the moment, but on the DX it has quite a bit of a cropped feel to it. I was looking for something around a 35mm, but Nikkor only makes a DX version. I may look into Sigma and see what's going on. Their 50mm f/1.4 is rocking!

T

I was looking for something around a 35mm, but Nikkor only makes a DX version.

But they do have other focal lengths.

Current Nikkor full frame wide primes:

AF 18mm
AF 20mm
AF 24mm
AFS 24mm
AF 28mm

priced from about $300 to $2400

Plus very good availability of older lenses on the second hand market. I have an old 35mm f1.4 that I acquired for less than $100. Works well with all my film and digital nikon bodies.

I also have the 35mm f/2.0. Works well on both DX and FX.
Nikon Wide Angle AF Nikkor 35mm f/2.0D Autofocus Lens 1923 - B&H

As a side note... I got most of my glass before the FX body. The 14-24 might be one to hold off before going FX though. I've been meaning to run some example shots with the D300 / D700 / 12-24mm / 14-24mm / 20mm. The timing to do has been out of whack lately. I did something similar for 'normal' lenses here......
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rence-between-full-frame-cropped-sensors.html

I second that. I bought a used one on Ebay a couple of years ago for around $250 and I love it. Also terrific as a moderate wide-angle in DX.

T

I was looking for something around a 35mm, but Nikkor only makes a DX version.

But they do have other focal lengths.

Current Nikkor full frame wide primes:

AF 18mm
AF 20mm
AF 24mm
AFS 24mm
AF 28mm

priced from about $300 to $2400

Plus very good availability of older lenses on the second hand market. I have an old 35mm f1.4 that I acquired for less than $100. Works well with all my film and digital nikon bodies.

Nikon also made a 15mm f3.5 ais manual focus prime (not a fisheye), this sells for around $900 on the used market. Autofocus on an ultrawide is not really needed:

115534.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back