wide angle people?

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just started messing around a bit over the weekend with my wide angle converter after a couple of drinks with some friends :oops: Iv'e always been sort of intrigued by the depth you can get by placing your subject close to the lens but keeping some of the background. My problem always seems to be getting them in too close to the lens and not enough background but I'll get it right someday :? Anyway, I know the light in the top of the first on is distracting, and the overhead nature of the lighting really makes him look VERY tired and like he's got a black eye but the lighting was all I had on hand. I added a bit of grain to each but I think I may have gone a little too far in the second one? Not too sure overall if these are what I was going for but my wide angle technique is a work in progress :wink:

dw6367.jpg

dw6372.jpg

Converter ah? I've been thinking of getting one because we all know how expensive the lens are...OMG. Which one do you have?

BTW I like the first. But i agree more background would be better..then again my monitor at work is junk and is going blind.

Well I have one of the el'super cheapo e-bay specials that I bought about 2 years ago for like $35.00 before they switched them all to plastic. Now you pay $60-70 for the metal ones like this if you can find them. Probably still worth it for a toy. That is the important part "TOY" because the image quality from these things is at times worse than horrible! But fun to play with considering the alternative is $$$to$$$$ for a specialty lense you may not use often at all.

Here is a really bad shot of the "Titanium SUPER .042x converter" on my 28-80USM

converter.jpg

BTW: an added bonus of these is that you can take off the front element and use the rear for a super up-close "macro" filter :wink: 90% of my macro shots were from that method.

SWEET!! ihad no idea about the added bonus....I'm gonna get one with my xmas gift mulla!!! Thanks CF cus i posted a thread a while back and the thing was dogged and i became weary but not convinced but now i see some results from it and now im convinced it is atleast worth trying out. Thanks bro!!!

I'll be honest, I feel like a total tool when using this thing in public, but for the money it's not a bad toy :lol: I didn't see your other thread although I have been a little sparse here lately :? Glad to help :wink:

Most reactions

Back