Wide angle/ telephoto adaptor

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
has anyone had 1st hand experience using these cheap lens adaptors for wide angle or doubling the zoom of the existing lens?​

Are you talking about the ones that go onto the front of a lens...usually on a 'point & shoot' type camera?

I haven't used them personally, but my opinion is that you get what you pay for...and as you mentioned, these are cheap. They will certainly degrade your image quality, which probably put them into the 'not worth it' category.

That being said, I can see that the wide angle ones might be fun and even useful. The telephoto ones aren't as useful IMO. You would probably be better off just taking a shot with just the camera and cropping it. A wide angle one, on the other hand, gives you a view that you just can't get on the camera.

if your talking about the ones that screw onto the lens of a SLR, then I have a wide angle "fisheye" one I got off of ebay for $40. For a cheap lens I cant complain too much, the one major draw back is it can kill the quality of the image.

here is one I shot of myself last night, as you can see the images has a lot of noise to it.
3036574366_97952a60ac_b.jpg

woould u sy its not worth the bother, im going to the maldives and thought i may get some wider shots as i only have a 18 55mm lens. im going to try the cheap screw on macro diopters also while im there

For $20-$40...it might be worth it to get a wide angle adapter...but just don't use it all the time.

Most reactions

Back