Wife and the sunset.

I also bumped up the contras and brightness on her and the vehicle.

4801794787_2d0faa2422_z.jpg

What a great picture! Did you do any editing as far as the intensity of the colors? It looks 100x better without the lines in the background as well.

I think the 2nd edit is best. I agree that on the last edit my eyes are drawn to the Jeep way too much.

Yeah, cloning out the wires helped quite a bit. If there was any sunset color reflected in the hood of the 4x4, a vertical camera orientation might (would probably) have shown that reflection of the sky color, and really, really tied it all together. Since part of the "hook" is that she is sitting up "high", a vertical camera orientation would have advanced and made more clear the fact that she is positioned on top of the vehicle,literally high-up in the final frame. Of course, that would have eliminated some of the sunset cloud colors from the left hand side of the frame...which might have been a good thing. I'm not so sure that the empty space on the left hand side of the frame is advancing the composition. To me, the photo feels a bit off-balance, with too much visual weight on the right hand side of the frame, and not enough 'support' on the left hand side of the frame. Just my thoughts. It's a good scene to have photographed. Jason, you always seem to be working at your photography,and I admire that.

I know some people see the imperfections of the cloning, but really... if you never saw the original photo, you would not even have noticed it. Well.. lets stop talking about the photo... what car is that? LOoks sweet! I dont think it is a jeep, is it???

Derrel, as usual I agree with your critique and soaked in your advice and thanks a lot for taking the time to help.

Schwettylens, you are correct, this is not a Jeep. It is a Suzuki Samurai and so fun to drive. At 6' 2" I have to be shoe horned into it but still a great time with the top off and the doors removed.

Samurai! I saw a lot growing up in Asia. I have not seen a lot in the US. I think in Asia it was called Katana. Maybe they are different.

Most reactions

Back