Wild animals and I... :(

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I admire all those among you who get some decent photos of wild life in their surroundings. Like deer looking astonished, or looking at all. And being close enough for a good photo. This is what happens when I try to capture some wildlife in my photos
*bad photo warning! bad photo warning! bad photo warning!*​

19_Rehe_scan.jpg

See? They just run away! (And this was at the 300mm fully extended!)

Or this hare: first it ran from left to right before my car (first photo taken through front window):

Scannen0015.jpg

(scan from print)

Then it ducked
Hase1.jpg

and took to its heels
Hase2.jpg

Well, wouldn't it?
Since I was the photographer?

ohh LaFoto don't scare animals! Now I know why I cannot shot wild animals... they all escaped after your shots :D kidding :)
hehe your comments are amazing, and honestly I like the last one running-away shot :)

Maybe the secret is getting up very early, earlier than I would find pleasant. Then finding a spot to stay. Then staying in that spot for a long while and hoping for the wild life to come past?
For I go round and take whichever photos I HAPPEN to get...

I feel like that is something i will never be good at even when I get the 300mm I want. I really like your shots though. The rabbit shots and your comments are great!

LaFoto said:
Maybe the secret is getting up very early, earlier than I would find pleasant. Then finding a spot to stay. Then staying in that spot for a long while and hoping for the wild life to come past?
For I go round and take whichever photos I HAPPEN to get...

it isn't definitely my style of photography :) so I need to find some kind of wild animal which get up at 10 am and waits there for me :)

The wildlife around here is actually quite calm as long as you move in a non threatening mannor, and dont make direct eye contact with them, or duck down into the bushes (they perceive this as threats)

I pulled off these shots the other day. I was only about 50ft. from the deer, and only about 20ft. from the goose. They didnt seem to mind, in fact, the deer was very curious about me and was raising his nose to sniff the air, and actually started coming towards me for a second to check me out to see what I was doing with the camera. I learned how to get close as a youngster, since I grew up in northern michigan miles from anything.

img0903medium7lt.jpg

img0773medium4ed.jpg

lafoto, i really dig the first rabbit shot...that is cool...
wild life are just unpredictable..and practice makes perfect...that and beign able to be still for long periods of time....sometimes is just plain luck. good job girl!

LaFoto... what about going to the zoo? the animals there would not run away too far :D

LaFoto you made me laugh so hard I fell from my chair. What a commentary. The first rabbit shot is quite good as he runs away. Thanks again.

mentos_007 said:
LaFoto... what about going to the zoo? the animals there would not run away too far :D

Too true! I should try that first, I think...
In fact, I do have a couple of deer pics taken in the wild animal park that belongs to my place... I could scan those and make out they were taken in the wild ;) (would have to work on my cloning techniques, though, which are as yet non-existent, to get rid of all the fences... erm....)

well... the nearest zoo is in Berlin... maybe we will meet there during holidays?? :D:D good place for european meeting... then we will tell all those Americans here (JT goers) that we met somewhere in Africa, Safari you know... and we shooot wild animals :D:D:D

Most reactions

Back