Wild Horses (pic heavy)

Wow! That's a fantastic set! You got a lot of action there, but especially the males trying to establish their dominance.
Thanks Jeff! Watching the behaviors and social interactions was quite fascinating.

wow this was just totally amazing.. great great photography and right smack into their real life drama...
Thank you. Being among them and observing that drama was magical.

Terrific set! What a great opportunity and it's great that you snagged so many great shots.

Great work! Glad you had such a good time!
Thank you! The first attempt at this trip in 2020 was cancelled by Covid. This one worked out. Happily I got a few good ones out of the 1300 taken over 3 days.

That's a fantastic set, Pete! It's hard to pick a favorite but I have to say, the last pic with the wild one in blue is pretty stunning. :wink-6:

That's a fantastic set, Pete! It's hard to pick a favorite but I have to say, the last pic with the wild one in blue is pretty stunning. :wink-6:
Thanks Kirk! I was so happy that someone caught that and gave it to me.

Beautiful shots and what a wonderful experience! I think #5 is my favorite but they’re all just great. Fine job of catching some dramatic moments.

Beautiful shots and what a wonderful experience! I think #5 is my favorite but they’re all just great. Fine job of catching some dramatic moments.
Thank you so much!

Great set and opportunity.

Great set! What an adventure!

I recently had the good fortune to go on a group adventure to photograph wild horses in Utah. Here is a sampling of the many photos I took over three days.
View attachment 255823
View attachment 255816
Junior was taking a nap and mom had to wake him as the herd moved on.
View attachment 255817
Just like teenagers, young stallions get on each others nerves.
View attachment 255818
A family affair.
View attachment 255819
Wondering what we are doing.
View attachment 255820
Encroaching on another stallions harem in not tolerated.
View attachment 255821
And can get quite nasty.
View attachment 255822

Lastly, just to prove I was there.
View attachment 255824
I call this the picture within the 1st picture, These are really great.
04tonnRh.jpg

Thank you for your kind comments. I see what you mean. In the original I was trying to capture the scale of the open desert they were coming across. But I like your suggested crop also.

Most reactions

Back