Wild idea

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Just an idea based on my post in the general forum.

I am suggesting to have our own publication. Perhaps annually. So basically we can choose the best of the year that are posted in the forums and publish them as a magazine or something. Personally, I don't make money from photography, so I will be happy just to have my work shown, but won't mind to have some $$ for better equipment!

So the magazine will be like "The Photo Forum Annual Collection" :D

hey, i like that idea, we just need to research the logistics behind it. that would be a load of fun

md

Another thing we can have is photo of the week that can go along side with the photo of the month thingy, just that there won't be any theme requirement.

molested_cow said:
Another thing we can have is photo of the week that can go along side with the photo of the month thingy, just that there won't be any theme requirement.

By the month thingy do you mean the Photo Challenge, because that started out as a weekly, but it was to short of a time constrain and too much work for Twist

molested_cow said:

Maybe the Mods could get together and pick their favorite photo posted during the week?

AlisonS said:
molested_cow said:

Maybe the Mods could get together and pick their favorite photo posted during the week?

this is something im currently working on right now. im calling it "casey casums top 5" oh wait....no...thats been taken.

we need a name. something to separate the best from the best.

md

molested_cow
Now let take about the first ideal, I like it, but as with the other similar suggested ideals, who going to buy it and where would we it sale

MDowdey said:
--- this is something im currently working on right now. ---

but MD you will only pick photos from or of the Ladies

Jeff Canes said:
but MD you will only pick photos from the Ladies

well, ill make it a point to pick at least a couple of dude pics....i guess.
:lol:

md

I dont mind just ladies ;)
Nah seriously it sounds good, but to make a magazine would cost a bundel...what about a net magazine? we could have certain people run it.

printing a publication has alot of overhead in costs and even more in time - you will have to forum members who can dedicate both time and money into this - this where the idea will get stuck unfortunately :(

there has been alot of discussion in the past of calendars and other print mediums but they have all fizzled as well.

If we keep something online it will be feasible that it comes into fruition. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back