Wild Pigs

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shotbychristina.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Actually Javalina are collared peccaries and not pigs. We still call them piggies! :lol: This is right behind my house at sunset tonight. There were a heard of 23 in the wash.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I've lived here for 9 years and have only seen them once. Your first pic is really neat ... I like the little guy peaking out from under mommy.

Eek-- those critters are mean! I've never seen them in such big numbers before. I've only seen them in pairs, or worse, a mama and her babies.

I love the picture of the little guy. He looks so fuzzy...almost... cuddly.

I've lived here for 9 years and have only seen them once. Your first pic is really neat ... I like the little guy peaking out from under mommy.

Thanks! I was lucky to get the photos at all.

Eek-- those critters are mean! I've never seen them in such big numbers before. I've only seen them in pairs, or worse, a mama and her babies.

I love the picture of the little guy. He looks so fuzzy...almost... cuddly.

The babies are very cuddly and they make the cutest little grunting noises! I'd really want one if they stayed that size.

This group roams the neighborhood quite a bit. We've hand fed them carrots in the driveway before.

Very nice. Really cool shots!

Last edited:
Cool shots!
Where we lived in Texas we had TONS of the fellas, they are pests!
Daddy caught a spotted one at one time, and we had it for a while but I wasn't allowed to pet it.
For obvious reasons.
:lol:
We also had a baby wild pig, which is an entirely different thing.
We named him Wilbur. Then we ate him.

Actually Javalina are collared peccaries and not pigs. We still call them piggies! :lol: This is right behind my house at sunset tonight. There were a heard of 23 in the wash.
Awwww, I really like that first one too, with the babies by their momma. I've seen peccaries in the zoo, but never knew from what part of the world they came.

Cool shots!
:shock:

:lol: The way you worded that makes me giggle

i like the second one especially. i like how they are all spread out.

very bazaar pigs to be in your "backyard" too! the most i get in my backyard are dogs that got loose from the neighbor's house or a rabbit or two... lol

btw - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I want to eat them.

hah cute little piggies. Who said they're dangerous?

And I agree with Flygning - Happy Birthday :)

... sings a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday MissMia" and rummages around in the "Kitchen Utensils" thread to get the stuff to bake a cake ...

Very nice. Really cool shots!

Thanks A!

Cool shots!
Where we lived in Texas we had TONS of the fellas, they are pests!
Daddy caught a spotted one at one time, and we had it for a while but I wasn't allowed to pet it.
For obvious reasons.
:lol:

I feel bad for Wilbur! :mrgreen:

Awwww, I really like that first one too, with the babies by their momma. I've seen peccaries in the zoo, but never knew from what part of the world they came.

I love the babies! I always want to keep one when I see them. They are like part puppy and part deer.

i like the second one especially. i like how they are all spread out.

very bazaar pigs to be in your "backyard" too! the most i get in my backyard are dogs that got loose from the neighbor's house or a rabbit or two... lol

btw - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Thanks cat! We have lots of critters in our yard. There is natural preserve land around the houses, so we get all kinds of things here.

I want to eat them.

I hear they are yummy, but I couldn't bring myself to try it now.

Ooh, happy birthday!

Thanks V!

hah cute little piggies. Who said they're dangerous?

And I agree with Flygning - Happy Birthday :)

Thanks Dmitri!

... sings a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday MissMia" and rummages around in the "Kitchen Utensils" thread to get the stuff to bake a cake ...

Thanks! I'll expect to see a cake on the 9th! :mrgreen:

(Just kidding! Please don't bring one!!!!!)

Great pics bit they would have looked better with a apple in the mouth and a cherry/honey glaze on them.

Great pics bit they would have looked better with a apple in the mouth and a cherry/honey glaze on them.

They would eat the apple in two seconds flat and lick the glaze off of each other :)

Most reactions

Back