Wildflowers by our ponds

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have never been satisfied with my pics of Forget-me-nots in years past, so I tried again today. Out of about six shots this is the best but still not as good as I hoped to achieve.

For this & the next pic I used a Vivitar 24/2.8 coupled with a Vivitar 2x tele-converter. Both shots were taken @ about 6"/15cm from the subjects.

P1020420sm.jpg

Marsh Marigolds/Cowslips

P1020422sm.jpg

I love Forget-me-nots. I'm not too much of a fan of yellow flowers, I think too many people shoot red roses and yellow flowers (whatever the names are...).

The Forget-me-nots look tack sharp and well exposed. If you can't get any closer I think it's just a matter of composition.

For instance I'd try to get one set of the blossoms like in your image in the center full in focus and put other Forget-me-nots out of focus in the background (or foreground).

I think limiting the focused area to just a small bunch of blossoms and throwing the rest more out of focus emphasizes it more. Preferable have only a green area around your focused area and then some more blue patches out of focus around that.

I hope that makes sense. English is not my native tongue. I really like that picture though.

I really like those forget-me-not's, they are an awesome mix of color.

Thanks folks.

Why is it that most wildflowers are yellow, well around here they are. Yellow is so hard to get a sharp image of. I used a -1/3 exposure compensation for the cowslips to try & get a more defined pic.

That's a nice one of the forget-me-nots, they are tiny, and therefore hard to capture, and you did it. I have found those a challenge, too. For years I have ... not got the photo I want (same as you - though you did get a good one in the end).

Most reactions

Back