Wildlife tele

I'll keep an eye out, but I've yet to see another like mine for sale since I got mine.

However I just looked on KEH.com, and they have a couple of the older Nikon AF 300mm f/4's I mentioned in my above post. These are really good lenses. I would have got one of those over my Tokina if I could have afforded it at the time. The Nikon version has a couple of nicer features that make it a bit better to use over the Tokina, but as far as image quality they are quite close to each other.

NIKON 300MM F/4 ED IF AUTOFOCUS LENS {39/82} - KEH Camera
Thanks
How many of you have KEH bookmarked?
Has anyone ever bought a BGN graded lens? If so what was it like?

I'll keep an eye out, but I've yet to see another like mine for sale since I got mine.

However I just looked on KEH.com, and they have a couple of the older Nikon AF 300mm f/4's I mentioned in my above post. These are really good lenses. I would have got one of those over my Tokina if I could have afforded it at the time. The Nikon version has a couple of nicer features that make it a bit better to use over the Tokina, but as far as image quality they are quite close to each other.

NIKON 300MM F/4 ED IF AUTOFOCUS LENS {39/82} - KEH Camera
Thanks
How many of you have KEH bookmarked?
Has anyone ever bought a BGN graded lens? If so what was it like?

I've bought two things from KEH over the past year and a half or so. The first thing I bought was a Tamron 17-50 2.8 lens. I purchased one in "EX" grade condition, and it looked as if it had just come out of the box with exception that it came with no caps or hood (which was disclosed in the ad). I was able to purchase all the Tamron original caps and hood on eBay for under $20. The second thing I bought was a Nikon FE manual focus film camera, again in "EX" grade condition. As with the lens, the camera looked as if it had not been used hardly at all since coming out of the box.

I've never purchased anything from KEH as "BGN" grade, but have heard several testaments from people that the bargain grade stuff is a sort of hidden secret of KEH. Apparently KEH tends to be conservative with their ratings, and most often people are pleasantly surprised at the condition of the item when they receive it. The beautiful thing about KEH is that you get two weeks to check the item out, and test it to see if it's to your satisfaction. If it doesn't perform as expected, or if you simply don't approve of the condition of the item, KEH will take it back for either exchange or refund. Also they warranty everything they sell for 6 months against defects. If you buy a lens, and two months later the focus just randomly stops for some reason they will fix it (provided that it wasn't caused by misuse or abuse of course) at no charge.

Both items I ordered I actually called in to get additional information about the items, and let them know what I was specifically looking for condition wise. Both times I called a real person answered the phone, and was extremely helpful in getting me the best condition items they could. I would not hesitate purchasing anything from them.

greybeard, if you do snag one of those Nikon 300mm f/4's I'd be interested to know what you think both of the lens, as well as your experience if you do purchase it through KEH.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back