Wildwood Park

Andrew Snyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I just got a D200 and am completely overwhelmed with the possibilites. I've shot with compact cameras and old crappy film SLRs since I started so having a DSLR is like a dream. You can shoot anything you want. No limitations. I went to the park near my house that I've frequented a lot and have never came back with pictures like this. I'm quite pleased. Not the best but it's my third day with it. I would just like an overall critique on the pictures or if any stick out let me know. Thanks for looking.

Andy

[1]
stream1fh8.jpg

Shutter Priority
ISO 100
Focal Length 26mm (18-135mm)
Shutter: 1"
Aperture: f/14

[2]
stream2vi3.jpg

Manual
ISO 100
Focal Length 24mm (18-135mm)
Shutter: 3"
Aperture: f/25

[3]
babyfalllz1.jpg

Shutter Priority
ISO 100
Focal Length 31mm (18-135mm)
Shutter: 6"
Aperture: f/25

[4]
madnessdq7.jpg

Manual
ISO 200
Focal Length 18mm (18-135mm)
Shutter: 1.3"
Aperture: f/11

[5]
cabin1ix5.jpg

Aperture Priority
ISO 200
Focal Length 22mm (18-135mm)
Shutter: 1"
Aperture: f/18

[6]
cabin2sg9.jpg

Shutter Priority
ISO 200
Focal Length 18mm (18-135mm)
Shutter: 2"
Aperture: f/13

So I just wanted to get to know my camera and these are the product. I apologize if any are dark or kinda dull but my monitor is screwed up so when I do a quick post process, I can't judge what to do. I understand there's quite a few but any comments/critiques would be appreciated!

I'm sure I've read somewhere that bumping is allowed.
The colour and sharpness you're getting from the D200 are nice - I don't think there's anything wrong with them being too dark.. #3 is the best IMHO, but I'd consider a squarer crop to remove the right of the frame. This would place the main 'waterfall' off-centre and perhaps produce a more pleasing result.
Personally, I'm not keen on the photoshop effects in the last two images.
Keep up the good work.

Oh I guess I should have clarified. I didn't alter the images with PS beyond saturation bumps or contrast. They were taken that way. The first I rotated 45 degrees on my tripod and the second I did a nice slow steady zoom for 2 seconds. Tripod assisted of course. I don't think I'd like them either if I thought they were manipulated. I was rather excited by them when shooting them.

I like these :thumbsup: but I really don't care for number 4

Haha it is indeed. I'm shocked and astounded to see that someone else that frequents this site lives in Puyallup. Truly a small world!

First of all, nicely done overall. You seem to be really enjoying your D200 (which i wish i could afford ;) ).

1) If you had shifted the entire composition about 1/5 of the frame to the right, i'd like it a lot more. The green, mossy rock in front is what my eye wants to be drawn to, but instead it's drawn to the top-left. Also, the edge of the rock is missing. Beautiful colors, though.

2) Nicely exposed. There's not really anything for my eye to latch onto in the foreground which is slightly disconcerting but it does draw me straight into the rest of the photo. The top-right of the frame is where I see most of the interesting aspects of this photo.

3) Great shot. Just fantastic. Maybe slightly over-saturated but it looks good.

4) confuses me a little bit. Not a huge fan.

5) That's an interesting one. I've never tried rotating on the tripod but I really like what you came up with here. Nice job.

6) That's fun, isn't it? Sometimes mistaken for a PS effect, but I like taking them.

Nicely done overall

Most reactions

Back