Will a Sigma Nifty Fifty autofocus on a D40?

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there ANY prime lenses that will autofocus on a D40? Are there any Sigma lenses that are D40 compatible? I don't mind manually focusing, I just would like the option since technically the lens can but the camera can't...

the sigma 30mm f/1.4 HSM will autofocus. I have heard that it is a really good lens and well worth the dough

Any Sigma "HSM" lens will. A few Tamrons will. No Tokinas will. The cheapest AF-S prime that Nikon makes is the new 60mm f/2.8 AF-S micro, which is actually supposed to be a pretty darned good lens.

Any Sigma "HSM" lens will. A few Tamrons will. No Tokinas will. The cheapest AF-S prime that Nikon makes is the new 60mm f/2.8 AF-S micro, which is actually supposed to be a pretty darned good lens.

Thank you. I'm really looking for a good indoor lens that will autofocus. Like I said, I have nothing against manual focus, but it just seems silly to buy an expensive Nikkor 50 1.8 that doesn't when I can get a Sigma that does for the same price (maybe even cheaper!) But if this isn't the case, I'll go back to manual focus (if it will make me a better photographer, I'll manual focus my heart out!

Most reactions

Back