Will I be able to sell?

Pedro_lopez

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to sell my Nikon d3300. I have cut the covers for the mic port and USB since I'm into video and needed quick access to the ports. I'm also missing the body cover and back lens cover, got the kit lens. Will I be able to make any money off the camera? It works just fine and I have an extra battery.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Sell yes. Make money off it? Ahahahhahaha

You CAN make money off of it. If you own it then sell it. That's money in your pocket.

You'll make money on it, assuming you don't owe anything on it.
But have low expectations on what you can sell it for.

It's like buying a car with missing doors, body panels and stuff. Not quite the price of a new one.

Just put it on Craigslist for the price you want and see what happens. If no one bites, lower the price. Or put it on eBay.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a camera that was missing the panel for the mic/usb. Dust and all sorts of stuff can get in there - not good.

The caps for the lens and camera are nothing, you can pick up decent 3rd party options for those for very little on ebay or heck even ask your local camera shop as they might have a couple spare. So you could replace those yourself.

The dust covers might be more of an issue and will devalue the camera, but throw it up on ebay as if its otherwise sound and working its still a useable camera. A strip of tape over the connection points and away it goes working. You won't get the top value, but you'll get something.

Search completed sold listings on ebay to get an idea what they sell for; expect to get a bit less; take some good product stlye photos of it and a good description; be clear about its faults and put it up for sale. Add a reserve price IF the prices they sell for tend to be very high (to protect yourself - yes your'e going to get less but you don't want to sell it for peanuts).

The missing panel cover is not a big deal to me, and I suppose there are others who would feel the same. I'd be tempted to put a good quality piece of tape over it. A tape like a fishing lure tape for example, or gaffer tape, etc.. Either of those would work, and can be had in a nice, dark color that will not look too "low-rent neighborhood."

On e-Bay, state a shipping cost. $13.86 or so ought to buy a US POstal Service Priority Mail shipping box that will ship and insure it up to $500. Go to a Post Office or to an Office Depot, and either can ship it out for the same price via Priority Mail. Pad it, pack it, ship it. EASY!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back