Will- Model Studio Portrait

Feet...shmeet... I'm still trying to wrap my head around Dan shooting someone without a beard!!!!! I like the shadows on the face, but I think in #1 it could be a little lighter.
I'm surprised you didn't mention that these are shot using *GASP* studio lighting. Lmao!

Feet...shmeet... I'm still trying to wrap my head around Dan shooting someone without a beard!!!!! I like the shadows on the face, but I think in #1 it could be a little lighter.
I'm surprised you didn't mention that these are shot using *GASP* studio lighting. Lmao!
Nah.. I knew you'd see the light eventually! ;)

I know most won't like the shadows, but it's an element to these photos that I really enjoy.
Shadows are our friends. Without them, the perception (IMO) is little thought has gone into lighting the subject properly.

I think the Rembrandt triangle is a bit weak in the first and a bit too strong in the second. Regardless, both are well done.

Thanks for sharing.
I'm not striving for perfection, so I'm ok with that! Thank you.

I'm actually more interested in the corn shirts. I mean, corn shirts? Never heard of that. Then again, I'm not all that sophisticated.
Sounds neat though.

These look great, BT the shirts are a little corny!!!:laugh2:

It does seem like you are doing very well in the studio, the photos you have been taking are great! :)

Both solid images, I think the second one sells his personality more. At least what I'm led to believe is his personality!

Also really enjoy the stronger Rembrandt in the second versus the weaker note in the first. It does a nice job highlighting his features.

I'm actually more interested in the corn shirts. I mean, corn shirts? Never heard of that. Then again, I'm not all that sophisticated.
Sounds neat though.
I was pretty shocked when the clothing designer told me. The dyes they used were made from flowers too.

These look great, BT the shirts are a little corny!!!:laugh2:

It does seem like you are doing very well in the studio, the photos you have been taking are great! :)
Thank you!

I really like the second one, I like the Rembrandt look and the way all the blue tones give a mood and style to the image. Apart from the Hobbits feet, it would be something I would expect to see in a GQ esque publication. The model has a very "Blue Steel" (Zoolander ref) look about him. Very well done.
The shadows in the first shot really define the contours in his arms and shirt. I would have used a reflector opposite the key light, not to lesson the shadows, but to add pop to the shadowed eye by adding another catch light.

I dig the glowy texture and the gentle shadow falloff on the arms, very nice :)

I really like the second one, I like the Rembrandt look and the way all the blue tones give a mood and style to the image. Apart from the Hobbits feet, it would be something I would expect to see in a GQ esque publication. The model has a very "Blue Steel" (Zoolander ref) look about him. Very well done.
The shadows in the first shot really define the contours in his arms and shirt. I would have used a reflector opposite the key light, not to lesson the shadows, but to add pop to the shadowed eye by adding another catch light.
Agreed, a reflector would have really helped. I plan to try using my more in the future both in and out of studio.

Everyone has them. Feet are gross. That's why we cover them up in multiple layers. To hide them.

I like both photos very much, including the feet.

They're his. They make him... him. A normal person with dirty, disgusting feet. :p

Most reactions

Back