William Eggleston Article

JoeW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For those shooters in to street photography, you should know about William Eggleston. And even if you aren't in to street photography, if you complain "it's so boring around here, nothing to photograph" then William Eggleston challenges your claim.

Here is a really terrific article about William Eggleston and his work, specifically, what insights can the rest of us as mere mortals, gather from his photographs.

10 Lessons William Eggleston Has Taught Me About Street Photography

Good one.

Joe

His stuff does nothing for me. Perhaps it is just because I'm an old timer and image fashion has changed a lot.

His stuff does nothing for me. Perhaps it is just because I'm an old timer and image fashion has changed a lot.
For the most part, I agree completely. There are a few images which have appeal, but the vast majority of his work seems utterly pointless to me.

Glad I'm not alone. If his advice results in images like his, I think I would recommend ignoring it. Fortunately, there are some terrific street photographers whose work can and should inspire.

I don't know...most of what I see in that article look like simple snapshots to me. I might pay $3 for that book set, but certainly not $300. Just me...

This is like loving 4x5 for the detail.
Neither detail not color is a characteristic that I value above content.

William Eggleston is one of the most influential photographers of the last century

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back