Wind, turbines and barley

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yesterday the wind was rustling the barley, blowing away the fair-weather clouds, and replacing them with something more threatening. But it wasn't yet spinning the blades of the turbines on this newly erected Lincolnshire wind farm.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/07/wind-power.html

Fenland-Wind-Farm-and-Barley-2.jpg

Beautiful shot. I always look forward to your posts. Would have been interesting to see the shot with the blades spinning/blurred, though I don't think it would have been as nice as the one you took.

Thanks mmcduffie1, Nate, Dani & Fox Paw. This was a morning shot, just before the weather closed in, and with the sun coming and going. The wind farm is new - I believe it starts to operate fully from Monday. Maybe then I can try a few spinning shots Nate :D.

Regards, Tony

Love it! The barley in the foreground is such a rich colour (and I personally love the look of barley stalks). You can see how some stalks are bent with the wind, and then there's that ominous dark sky, with the white turbines standing out so starkly against it.

Thanks Matt & Antarctican. I was pleased to be able to catch a bit of the remaining blue sky in this shot to contrast with the yellow of the almost-read-to-harvest barley.

Regards, Tony

Thanks Resin42. I wanted to get a few shots whilst the cereals looked their best before the harvesting started.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back