windermere and cumbrian fells.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by dalebe, Mar 24, 2005.

1. dalebe

dalebe TPF Noob!

here are just a few shots i took, of lake windermere on my visit last month.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. laudrup

laudrup TPF Noob!

i like them! Windermere is a smashing place, i've been a couple of times when I was younger.

My favourite shot is the last one, the "pier"(?) leads the eye in nicely and the colour of the sea and sky is great! Thanks for posting it

3. dalebe

dalebe TPF Noob!

your welcome, and thanks...

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Dalebe, only thing you need to get worked on is your shorter left leg... ;)

Welcome to the world of those who never get their horizons straight... this is SOOOO one of my mistakes in photography. I have whole series of "earthquake" photos that got all crooked. And would I have noticed while taking them? No :(...

Way back in 1987, my sister and I took a trip through England up to Cairnryan (to catch the ferry to Larne, Northern Ireland) and came through the Lake District. I'm sure she also has a good many lovely photos of the area at home ... but she`s still soooo computer shy and it requires soooo much cajoling her to come here on my part... she might never share them).

5. dalebe

dalebe TPF Noob!

haha,thanks for that lafoto, i promise i will get my left shoe built up at the cobblers, i wanted to take more shots of the lake from on top of the fells, but it being my first visit to the lakes you can very easily get lost trying to reach them,i'm sure if your parents have some shots of the lakes they would be wonderful to see, truly beautiful place.

6. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hahah yeah the left leg... seems shorter a bit :D:D

7. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

I lived in Ambleside many years ago, right at the top of Lake Windermere. If you go up the side of the lake, and when you get to the top, take the road to Coniston, over the bridge for the river that runs into the lake, and before the sharp left bend there is a small road on the right.

Go up there, and about half a mile up there is a road to Loughrigg, you can basically drive up the mountain, park your car and walk along the top (lazy mans fell walking ;))

From up there, you get a beautiful view of the lake, and a good chance of shooting fighter jets from above as they use it for low level training - I wish I had a camera when I was there.

8. dalebe

dalebe TPF Noob!

thanks for that tempra, we are going back there some time this year,the kids love it too! those directions are going in my notebook, so expect to see some aerial views of the lakes, and probably jets! later in the year.