Windermere

nynfortoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot a couple of weeks ago, and processed it fairly quickly. After calibrating my monitor, I went off the shot, thinking it was too saturated and over-processed. The shot became a bit softer than I'd liked, and I didn't like the crop.

I revisited it a couple of days ago to re-process the shot. I've taken away the saturation adjustments, given it a tighter crop (from the left side, which was slightly distracting and uneventful) etc.

This was taken on Windermere in The Lake District, hand-held kneeling in a wobbly rowing boat in the lake. I'd have loved to get more time to shoot this, and a steadier shot, but my tripod isn't tall enough to reach the bottom of the lake!

I can't decide if the crop is right. I'm not entirely sold on the tree to the right. Let me know what you think, and feel free to suggest anything to improve it.

Taken at f/11 at 1/100s, ISO 100.

2614917173_968092a791_o.jpg

Cheers.

nice, i havent been to windermere for years, but the lakes are always good for natural beauty, maybe you could take out the tree on the right and just have that one tree being the centre piece of the picture, i dont know, see what happens

nice, i havent been to windermere for years, but the lakes are always good for natural beauty, maybe you could take out the tree on the right and just have that one tree being the centre piece of the picture, i dont know, see what happens

Thanks, Dan.

I've thought about removing the tree, but it removes some of the width and takes away some of the lines from the image, after thinking about it for a while.

I'm hoping to get a week off work soon to go back. I've been up there twice in the last 6 weeks, but only for a weekend each time, and that's nowhere near long enough to appreciate the place or really get much done.

Attachments

• $lines.jpg
    $lines.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 68
Any other comments for this, please? I hate to bump, but things fall quickly these days.

well when you go back maybe you could go to the same place and take another picture, or just take pictures of everything and see what you get :)

Most reactions

Back