Window and Organ

Greensill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there i was just looking for some feedback on this photo...im new to photography and started a college course in photography. It was took in stratford upon avon the birthplace of Shakespeare. I took it at 1/60 and i think it was maybe f8 but not 100% certain....no filters...lighting...I used my Prakticea BMS and my lens at 28mm.

CNV00015.jpg

thanks for the comments....if anyone wants to make any suggestions on how to improve it or make it better next time please do...any knowledge is appreciated as im just starting out

Very good eye for a beginner! You certainly are on the right track. You captured the natural light falling through the window so nicely on the organ pipes, making them shine in their golden glory. And the angle is nice, too.

The shot expresses great depth and the light onto the gold really enhances the overall appeal. Did you try the shot with a vertical view which may have increased the depth even more??? If so what's it like???

thanks dave, yeah i did try a vertical one...but its not so great the sun was going in and out of the clouds so the light isnt so good...and i have a faint streak running down it..not quite sure why that is...but this is it
CNV00012.jpg

Most reactions

Back