window lighting

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Onyx, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Onyx

Onyx TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

i was experimenting with window lighting. this is what i came up with. im not sure if the proportions are good. id like a critique on that and exposure ore any other ideas y'all may have.:blushing:

2. Dave_D

Dave_D TPF Noob!

The exposure is very good. The left arm being right up front there is a bit distracting crossing the image the way it does.

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Powerful shot!!! Looking out the window can mean a million different things. I love that! The exposure is on point from this end.

The only problem I see is that the photo is vertical as opposed to horizontal.

4. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I agree with Craig - I'd love to see this in a horizontal crop - and the tones make me think black/white would be awesome (but I'm partial :wink: )

Nice work

5. Rapala46

Rapala46 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I know i am supposed to be critiquing this, but uh....why are you in MY room. seriously, if those walls were dark green, you would be looking out my back window. You would be standing next to my closet door, and that pine tree in the corner of window would most likely have many crows in it...lol...just thought i would point this out

6. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't think it's going to be a suprise to people that I'm going to suggest cropping in by a healthy amount. I think either vertical or horizontal will work, but there is a lot of "extra" back ground in the image. Most of what is above your head and below your left arm can go. I think you'll find it more impactful if you get in closer.

7. eiren

eiren TPF Noob!

If I were taking that photo, I think I would have tried moving the model a little closer to the window so his left arm would be bent a bit and the photo could be more tightly cropped.