Window to the Past (revisited)

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the winter version of a previous image I posted a few months back.
Old mining structures near Leadville, Colorado. Taken on snowshoeing trip 1/16/05.

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
f/7
12mm focal length
Tripod

OutdoorEyesversion.jpg

i like the framing you did here...and the contrast is quite nice as well!! good work exposing on tough snow!

md

Hey, I remember your summertime shot here. I think it was a great idea to go check it out in a completely different season - good thinking!! :thumbup:

I love the framing; your placement of the outbuilding is perfect. Good work!!

For me, I would like to see a tad more of the window frame, so yo can see the entire window frame. it gets cut off in the upper left and lower right and a little on the lower left. For some reason it bothers me. Maybe cause only one corner of the window frame is actually visible...don't know.

Other then that, I really like this shot. Snow and fog are extremly hard to work with and you have worked with both of them very well here!

Very nice placement of the outhouse and the little pile of wood on th left!

Very well thought out picutre...:thumbup:

Frame it and Hang it. I never got to see the summer shot but if its half as good as this one. Congrats

This is great! Like Terri said, the placement of the other building gives this shot strong composition. Excellent exposure for the snow. I remember the summer one as well...will you visit in the fall, too?

Very nice shot!

I agree with themonko, I would have liked to see more of the frame in the shot. A smidge more contrast would be nice also.

Thanks for all the comments. I wanted to get the buildings more prominent (closer) in the scene....that's why I shaved off more of the frame this time.

I would like to go back in fall....though there wasn't a lot of aspen trees in the area to distinguish the season as much as I'd like.

the frame looks a little "fake" i guess you could say. i think this happened when you possibly bumped up the contrast in photoshop. maybe to avoid this you could only select the snow, etc. and then bump the contrast there. other than that, this shot is stunning... great idea!

Most reactions

Back