&^%^ Windows 10 Update Now Color Profile Doesn't Load

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Windows 10 forced me into an update and now the custom profile created by ColorMunki won't load at start up. I know there's a way to do it, because I had to do it before, but now I can't find the place I need to go. HELP!

Just so we're clear... you're asking me to tell you where to go?

;)

Sorry... can't help you, but I did just notice the same thing with my Spyder profile last night.

Just so we're clear... you're asking me to tell you where to go?

;)

Sorry... can't help you, but I did just notice the same thing with my Spyder profile last night.

LOL, let me rephrase that ---- How about anyone know how to fix it so Win10 will load monitor icm on startup?

i have that same problem with win10. i have to recalibrate everytime i go to edit now.

If I recalibrate it will change it till I reboot. &^%^^&&^%%% Windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major PITA. After an hour on the phone with MS support, no resolution. Now in the process of reloading Win 10. Fingers crossed that it works.

FYI if you haven't loaded the "Creators update" I would highly recommend NOT DOING IT. :BangHead:

People bash me all the time in another forum because I trash Windows 10. It is a crippled piece of forced horse poo poo. It seriously reminds me of all those PC's I used to repair running Windows Me. I really do not understand how people actually like it, head scratcher there.

@jcdeboever Stayed with it becaused of several business applications. My son seems to think they will run on a virtual windows box inside Mac but hasn't had time to check it out. Would really like to dump MS

@jcdeboever Stayed with it becaused of several business applications. My son seems to think they will run on a virtual windows box inside Mac but hasn't had time to check it out. Would really like to dump MS
I get it. I have used Linux for years and recently tried Windows on my personal desktop for the sake of photo editing and the numerous new old stock hardware I have laying around. I did vent to @Gary A., I kinda of recall him chuckling uncontrollably at my rant...I just went back to Linux as I hardly edit anything, anyway. Will more than likely get a 27" retina Mac when I get good at photography. By that time, prices should be down quite a bit if it's not obsolete.

JC from a guy who started programming with Fortran on a key punch machine, I thought DOS was great I've been through all the Windows versions over the years, with XP Pro probably my favorite. My mistake yesterday was in not researching what was updating I assumed it was one of the usual periodic updates. Didn't realize it was a major change till I had clicked. My experience with MS has been to wait on upgrades.

JC from a guy who started programming with Fortran on a key punch machine, I thought DOS was great I've been through all the Windows versions over the years, with XP Pro probably my favorite. My mistake yesterday was in not researching what was updating I assumed it was one of the usual periodic updates. Didn't realize it was a major change till I had clicked. My experience with MS has been to wait on upgrades.
Can you program in Cobol???

On a serious note, yes you can run windows program through bootcamp. Bootcamp has good and bad points. The good point, you can partition the drive, install windows and run the machine as a windows machine. The bad point is you either run Windows Or OS, you can't run them both at the same time. You can however buy a program that will allow you to run both Window and OS at the same time and even swap files between them. We used to use Parallels. Neither the wife or I run windows on our Mac's any longer as Microsoft Office for Mac still covers her business needs and I no longer need to worry about it now that I am retired.

Can you program in Cobol???
I can. It might take me a little while to get the sections right because it's been a few years. And it's COBOL, since it's an acronym.

I haven't had any real problems with Win10. I prefer OS-X but Apple hardware is ridiculously high.

Last edited:
8 hrs of reading, staying on hold with tech support, reloading Windows, cussing, waiting on reboot, cussing, reading, waiting on reboot, and did I mention cussing??? MS tech support's solution was to reload Windows 10, they then had me download 10 and reinstall. Unfortunately the dumb#$% didn't realize or didn't care, that it reloaded the Creator Update so same problem as before. Knew I should have worked on it myself.

Finally uninstalled Colormunki and reinstalled it, now my profiles are back, but when I try to open Colormunki now there's apparently a corrupted dll file. :BangHead: While trying to search for a solution in Chrome it started going flaky.:madass:

So problems resolved 1, new problems added 2.

Win10 is a royal pain. I've used every version of Windows that has been released and this POS is by far the worst. It's about as stable as a bowl of Jello. I've updated to the "Creator's Edition" twice and both times it has eaten itself. I'm back on 1607 now and I intend to stay there forever unless I can figure out an easy way to downgrade this machine to Win 7. Microsoft can keep their so-called "Updates", I don't want them and I won't let them load.

Most reactions

Back