windowwasher in santa fe

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i was in santa fe a few weeks ago, and saw this guy . . . he was pretty cool, his name is dane and he washes windows.

washer4.jpg

washer2.jpg

washer1.jpg

please let me know what you think!

I think that the last one is absolutely superb!
The light on his face coming through the window he's washing, his gear tucked into his belt and the towels over his shoulder, Dane being "in action" ... very well captured moment with the right exposure and DOF. The noise does not bother me at all (or does it when I notice it?).

yup . . . it definatly is, shot at 1/160th, f/1.8, at iso 1600.

i actually added a type of grain, to hide the chroma . . . and i think it lends to the mood.

Love the last one! The lighting and pose is really good! Love the treatment youve given these photos, it works great!

I love the grain!!!
I was going to ask how you got it so thank you for informing me.

Very awesome pictures indeed!!!!!!

well, its not just grain its how you apply the grain, for these i only wanted it to affect the shadows, scroll through the blend modes and it may help you find somthing closer to what you want.

The last one is the keeper.

The copyright text is very obtrusive and kind of ruins these a bit. Ever considered a watermark?

The first one would've been better as a horizontal, I think.

thanks, and what type watermark, you just mean with transparent text or otherwise?

also, i strongly disagree about the first being better as a horizontal. as a horizontal i couldn't fit everything in the frame (not that thats bad) but as a result of that i would lose the diagonal slope which i find to be very attractive.

Most reactions

Back