Windy Path

Awesome Photo, I'm gonna have to go try this effect out now, i'm really liking it. Great Job!

DO NOT CHANGE A THING!

This is what I want to see when I look at color photography. Most of which totally bores me to death. The contrast between the darker greens of the foliage and the lighter green of the grass is perfect.

I agree, awesome photo, well done.

Thanks Jamie :)

Crushy said:
Awesome Photo, I'm gonna have to go try this effect out now, i'm really liking it. Great Job!

Thanks, Crushy. The bad side of the Orton Effect is that, once you use it, it's difficult to not always use it. ;)

i wouldn't change a thing, i love it as is!

DO NOT CHANGE A THING!

This is what I want to see when I look at color photography. Most of which totally bores me to death. The contrast between the darker greens of the foliage and the lighter green of the grass is perfect.

I agree, awesome photo, well done.

Thanks Jamie :)

Crushy said:

Thanks, Crushy. The bad side of the Orton Effect is that, once you use it, it's difficult to not always use it. ;)
I tried it like I said I would on a few photos I took last week, and you're right. I'm going back through my entire catalog finding photos that really benefit from it. Thanks very much for posting this.

Given how many are saying this is 'awesome' perhps someone might consider nominating it in the PoTM thread.

Right, must go look up "Orton effect"...

hhehe, wow, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want to like this, but I really really do like it. Very nice.

So I'm thinking the orten effect is some kind of radial blur, saturation boost and vignetting based on the darker elements of the image?

Thanks guys. I shoulda googled!!! :banghead:

Tried the technique tonight in combo with something else. Badly need to get my head around layers and masks to pull it off - ditched it, start again another day...

i wouldn't change a thing, i love it as is!
TriniPhototakeoutta said:
Thats an awesome photo. Gorgeous.

Thank you both :)

Roy Hubbard said:
I tried it like I said I would on a few photos I took last week, and you're right. I'm going back through my entire catalog finding photos that really benefit from it. Thanks very much for posting this.

:lol: I know the feeling very well. That photo (above) is from last year, but until I learned of the Orton Effect I couldn't get it to look as nice as I wanted, so it sat there waiting. Make sure you post yours here so we can see :)

i paolo said:
Very deep photo. Loves the lushness of the colors.
K8-90 said:

Thank you very much :)

Chris of Arabia said:
Given how many are saying this is 'awesome' perhps someone might consider nominating it in the PoTM thread.

I appreciate the thought :)

manaheim said:
hhehe, wow, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want to like this, but I really really do like it. Very nice.

Why did you not want to like it? :(

Most reactions

Back