Winston infrared test

Nagala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with infrared, so you'll have to excuse me.

winston_infra.jpg

Yeah, I don't know much about infrared so I can't be of much help, but I would agree with Nytmair.

Zach :D

dont you normally use a red filter with infrared film? im not sure but i think so.. all i know is you have to load it in a superdark place, and have the slit where you can see the film data taped over

Sorry, I guess I should have clarified in the first post. It's actually an infrared action I used. It looked completely different and I messed around with curves to get it to look like that after the fact, so I think it's me that actually made it look more b/w than infrared. I'll look through some more and see if I can find a better use for it.

Doesn't look like it's working perfectly. Basically they're all looking like b/w overexposed pictures. Oh well... I'll go ahead and leave the picture up so real infrared people can laugh at me.

Nagala said:
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified in the first post. It's actually an infrared action I used. It looked completely different and I messed around with curves to get it to look like that after the fact, so I think it's me that actually made it look more b/w than infrared. I'll look through some more and see if I can find a better use for it.

was the original image color or black and white? Kind looks like it just lost all of the contrast imo..Still you might find some use for that process once you work out the bugs!

Zach :D

It was color. I'll try some different types of shots later, but it's losing detail by the truckload when I do it. I think I need do try some real infrared before I try to duplicate it in photoshop. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time. I don't have any gigs yet, so we'll see.

Try with the channel mixer start at 200, 100, -200 and if that's too much try 40, 140, -80 and mess around with it until it looks right. Start with the color original. And it should look pretty close to ir.

Most reactions

Back