Winter begins

Hi Cowbert!
I loved that first pic, looks highly professional to me like something you'd see in an Autumn catalog.
Didn't check the others out because that first one took forever to load.
I don't think it's my end since I'm using a cable modem which last time I checked was downloading at around 2Meg/second, probably the server.

The first one is really nice. The vertical lines are spaced nicely, and the leaves around the edges add a framing effect, leaving some of the white ice open in the center. The shadows of other branches falling perpendicular to the strong verticles adds subtle action.

ksmattfish said:
The first one is really nice. The vertical lines are spaced nicely, and the leaves around the edges add a framing effect, leaving some of the white ice open in the center. The shadows of other branches falling perpendicular to the strong verticles adds subtle action.

Yeah....that as well!

2 & 5. definitely 2 & 5.

Ice 5 is unreal. The colour is evenly represented against the background. Some of the leaves have shadows, and some are pressed flat. That adds a nice feeling of unreality to it, then you have shadows from an unseen source, possibly more branches? It looks like a carefully set up still life from a studio.

Ice 2 is abstract with the flowing shape of the ice hovering above what looks like flowing water. The straight lines of the branch, with the touch of colour set it all off.

Ice Crystals is good. Looks like one of those rocks with crystals inside that you see in souviner shops sometimes. It didn't grab me like the above mentioned pics.

Keep posting 'em!

in the first set the first and fourth are really captivating. I would expect to see the first on a catalog or poster. The lighting, contrast, and shadows were great. Nice progression from dark to light (moving left to right).

The fourth demonstrates some of the same, but not as well as the first.

I would be curious to know what shot you took first outside.

In the second set I thought the first picture had great DOF and coloring was superb. The background was just right to make the ice stand out.

I thought the third was neat just becuase of the ladybug representing life and the winter representing cold and loneliness.

Sweet lines in all of them. Good contrast and excellent focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back