Winter day at the creek

mjr0773

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently took this pic and converted it to black/white and find that I like it more every day. This is one of my first attempts and I'd like to get the opinions of the "experts"

Thanks,
Mike

IMAG0106bw.jpg

im definetly no expert, but i really like it!! it definetly suits B&W, but then agen im a sucker for B&W, i love them!! nice work!

I too am no expert, and too love B&W...with that said, here are my comments:

1) The tree on the left weaves in and out of the picture. To behonest,I am not sure if that is distracting or I like it yet...but asof rightnow, I would say you should have composed the photo with theentire treein or out.
2) The snow on the left bank is blown out. it doesn't necessarily bother me, but I did notice it.
3) everything else looks very nice. with the exception of thetree imentioned in point 1, I really like the composition. DOFis good. Maybea little more contrast would help the trees standout a little more, butthis is not necessary.

Overall, I do like this picture and think it is a keeper. You should be very happy with. :thumbup:

Picture looks really good. There is just one small thing and thats the tree on the left needs to be in the pic more or out of the pic more. Because of the bend in the tree there is very little of it showing in the mid point.

I would move the lense to the left if you get to take it again. It will balance nicely with tree on the right.

Good Pic though

Most reactions

New Topics

Back