Winter Flower Cube...

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I decided to have some fun and froze some flowers. Unfortunately it took longer than I thought to freeze the whole pan of water and I had to leave them outside overnight. I thought it was kind of interesting though how the part of the flower in the ice stayed fresh while the exposed shriveled up. Please C&C I'm always looking for areas of improvement. Thanks!

Frozen_1377.jpg

Frozen_1380.jpg

Frozen_1382.jpg

Frozen_1390.jpg

Frozen_1399.jpg

Frozen_1402.jpg

****, i didnt realize they were in ice till the end.

seriously though these are pretty cool, cool concept, could've been a little bit better executed but hey cool idea

Thanks for the comments. I agree I need to work on some of the execution and I had fun some fun shooting them. I think there are still some interesting angles that I haven't explored. I would like to see more front lighting because some of the flowers look underexposed. I'm sure I'm going to try it again since it doesn't appear that its going to get any warmer any time soon.

Awesome! I really like the look of the flowers that are frozen. If you could somehow make the ice totally transparent (you might look up how people that sculpt ice do this) then I think this could be really cool with the distortions seen through the ice.

Purified water for clear ice. I kinda like 5,6,1, and 2. A+. Very diff affects with one application. Maybe I'll try freezing my girlfriend lol

Love them! Cool Idea! Something to try at home!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back