Winter in North Germany

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Will we have to get used to these snowfree winters?

A tiny shed in our typical surroundings here taken on Saturday, 22 January. Meanwhile a little snow has fallen...

FeldHtte_Jan2005.jpg

Winter, the grass is still green? A picture like that in these partswould show the begining of summer, I feel sorry for the local snowmobledealer;) Thanks for sharing.

Yours Truely,

Envious

Thanks for looking and commenting, Cruzin. And yes, on that day (first day of a somewhat frostier period at last, which is still going on - frosty meaning: temps around or just below 0°C), the grass was as green. There is no market for snowmobiles here at all.

I wonder whether this photo of the shed is too large for you to see the thoughts that I gave into its composition? It is on my old screen, but might not be on high resolution screens?

Anyhow, I have a couple more pics of our winter, which has so far been too warm and with too little snow!

Raureif_Jan2005_.jpg

This was about as much of frost (not to mention snow) as I could get when I went out on that Saturday, 22 January, while most of the countryside was as can be seen above or below:

Feld_Jan2005.jpg

This is one of the very typical birch tree lined paths of which you find ever so many in the area:
BirkengesumterWeg_Jan2005.jpg

Only lately have we had a little snow (and it snowed again a little over night and I might go out and take some more photos when the sun will rise - it's still too early in the morning here for the sun to be out), so I could take this photo of the little hill (of which there are not many in this area) on Tuesday (25th):

Wetter250105_4_kleiner.jpg

Stay tuned for more ;).

Like you, I'm longing for snow. We've been having a mild winter, only a few days of cold weather. Although we got snow last Saturday (about 3 inches), most of it blew away the next day leaving bare patches. Then the temperature rose and what snow was left is rapidly melting. Maybe February will bring snow.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I enjoyed them, especially the shed.

Nice photos. The first one is my favorite of the lot. Do you usually have snow at this time of year ?

Yes, we do, and we are having (1 inch of) snow right NOW :).
But the next warm front has been forecast...

Good pictures, the first of the second post is my fav. Like the dof andthe high and low tones in the fore and background while the focusedpart is exposed just right. Wonderfull picture!

I curse the snow when I have to get the shovel or snowblower out. We had a green Christmas a few years back and did not like it. Waist deep snow is not always fun but I wouldnt have it any other way.

Great shots, I love the frosted leaf shot.

wonderful photos all LaFoto! i always know i'll be captivated when i see your posts! the shed shot is awesome.

Most reactions

Back