Winter is coming to the White Mountains

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cows.jpg

Took a drive up to northern New Hampshire yesterday afternoon with no real destination in mind, just hoping to find something worth shooting (this rarely works out, but it's not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon). As we approached the Presidential Range, I saw the fog and clouds lifting with a nice coating of snow on the higher summits, so I headed toward a spot I've tried to shoot before but never had conditions I like. I was VERY happy to see these cows grazing, because it's usually just an empty boring field. My buddy let me throw on his Tamron 70-200, which is such an amazing lens, and I ran a motion controlled timelapse, this is just a still frame from the sequence that I liked a lot. Love when I stumble upon scenes like this!

Nice shot of the change of seasons. Made me cold just looking at that snow - it's almost time for me to hibernate til Spring! Where was this taken? Were you on the northern side of the range, Jefferson area? I can't place that view.

Very nice! I love the fact that you've captured Bossy looking right at the camera!

Thanks! I was getting a little nervous cause the cows kept moving closer as I was running this lapse and some of them were huge! It was looking really good and I was just praying it'd finish the 400 frames before they got too close and knocked my tripod over or something hah

Nice shot of the change of seasons. Made me cold just looking at that snow - it's almost time for me to hibernate til Spring! Where was this taken? Were you on the northern side of the range, Jefferson area? I can't place that view.

Good eye- this is from Jefferson Meadows

This is a very nice image. For me, it captures the essence of "winter is coming".

I wouldn't worry about the cows, they are usually just curious and present no problems, unless they weight about 2500 lbs., have large horns and come charging across the field in your direction. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back