Winter Landscape (finally got that film developed)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Maybe it was worth the while ordering that CD along with having the lab develop that FujiSuperia400 film in my EOS 500N and get me prints, for my printer would have (did in this case as I was curious) scanned this print like this (no PS work applied):

imm03132ascanvombild900x621.jpg

This, of course, is nowhere NEAR to what the print looks like, so after some PS, my scan looked like this:

imm03132ascanvombildbearbwsz.jpg

The same photo taken from the CD I ordered (and resized), however, looks like this:

imm03132a900x600.jpg

So yes, in the end I think it was worth the (high) price of ordering the CD all along. What I could have economised on were the prints, maybe, since I make most use of my photos here, on TPF, i.e. in the internet... But well.

I was much more curious to find out what I photographed with the Leica, but that was an Ilford HP5 Plus400, and black&white processing seems to take a lot longer.

Both films must have sat in the respective cameras for a little over a year. I remember that the photo above was taken at some time in February of 2008 ... cough-cough. ;)

Maybe it was worth the while ordering that CD along with having the lab develop that FujiSuperia400 film in my EOS 500N and get me prints, for my printer would have (did in this case as I was curious) scanned this print like this (no PS work applied):

So yes, in the end I think it was worth the (high) price of ordering the CD all along. What I could have economised on were the prints, maybe, since I make most use of my photos here, on TPF, i.e. in the internet... But well.

I was much more curious to find out what I photographed with the Leica, but that was an Ilford HP5 Plus400, and black&white processing seems to take a lot longer.

Both films must have sat in the respective cameras for a little over a year. I remember that the photo above was taken at some time in February of 2008 ... cough-cough. ;)

I know the feeling, except for the CD part, I just went out and bought a scanner...You don't remember the comparison I did a year or so ago do you :lol:

Now if I could only get those guys at the lab to listen when I say "No Prints"

Additionally

Yeah, BW film does take longer to process when using commercial labs, I believe they place it as a low priority.

Oh yes, Battou, I do remember your comparison shots, and the times when you went to get yourself your new scanner! The difference was HUGE! If I took only film, like you do (almost), I'd invest in a very good negative scanner, too. But for someone who takes more than a year to take 36 exposures on film (a-hem :oops: ) ... the investment is not worth it. I much rather pay the extra price for the CD, but in the future put my cross at "film development only" and leave out the prints (if only I could FIND said option on the bag... :scratch: ... erm :er: ).

Here's one other pic from the film:

imm02930a900x600.jpg

And I HOPE to find the B&W one today, else it will have to sit in the drugstore until 15 April, as we're going away for two weeks.

Oh yes, Battou, I do remember your comparison shots, and the times when you went to get yourself your new scanner! The difference was HUGE! If I took only film, like you do (almost), I'd invest in a very good negative scanner, too. But for someone who takes more than a year to take 36 exposures on film (a-hem :oops: ) ... the investment is not worth it. I much rather pay the extra price for the CD, but in the future put my cross at "film development only" and leave out the prints (if only I could FIND said option on the bag... :scratch: ... erm :er: ).

As I have grown more efficient with my scanner I have been considering running another comparison set, this time between home scanning and sendout scanning. I just have not felt the pracitality to warrent prioritizing it, maybe some day I will.

As for the "film development only" option on the bag, you are not likely to find it. But (atleast all the ones I have seen have) a large box on them somewhere listed "Special Instructions" where the user wrights out anny additional instructions for the lab techs to follow when processing.

Here's one other pic from the film:

imm02930a900x600.jpg

I like the use of lines in this one. The vehicle down the road could go in my oppinoin but it's a nice shot

Sigh ... yes, well, it seems to take them longer than I would have liked to process the B&W film ... it wasn't there when I asked for it yesterday. Now I'm already halfway away into two weeks in the Austrian Alps and as of now will be totally "incomunicado". So that bag will sit there for the next two weeks, waiting to be collected. Sigh.:confused:

All I can see is some red X's in a post that's 10½ years old.

Some of the finest red X's that I have ever seen. Were they shot with a Nikon,or Canon, or a Leica? Maybe with a Fuji?

Some of the finest red X's that I have ever seen. Were they shot with a Nikon,or Canon, or a Leica? Maybe with a Fuji?

I like how they just stand there, defiant till the end. I can respect that. :Hail.sml:

Hey, I remember LaFoto, wondered whatever happened to her? I think, if I'm remembering the right person. Flickr's gone so I guess we'll never know...

Most reactions

Back