Winter. Nida.

look

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3200844-lg.jpg

I really like this shot. Nice shadows on the hill, the man and the tracks. To me this image gives a sense of isolation and determination -- kind of like the loneliness of the long distance runner. Also for me, the man's placement in the frame is perfect -- he has a long way to go before he walks out of the frame and even longer before reaching his destination. Although the sky and foreground seem blown out (could be my screen), that doesn't bother me. Oh, and I love the man's huge, serious boots. Nice job!

Thank you!

It seems this picture is a cultural thing. In a local newsgroup people liked it quite a bit, and on Photosig and here barely a comment except you :)

It has mood and emotion for me pretty much the same as to you and I like these features in photos.

The sky was intentionally blown out and snow in foreground left just on the edge of being blown out - that's the way I saw it with my eyes on a sunny day so I wanted the same on this photo.

I like the photo too. I wish the other tracks that split away from the one he's on weren't there, because it draws my eye away from the subject and out of the frame. Which there's probably nothing you could have done about.

I also think a really deep blue sky would look awesome with this photo. Maybe take one from another pic and PS it in--I'm curious what it would look like.

I really like the pic! Nice eye!

Splendid! I do not know what else to say.

Thank you :)

Interesting, I will try to see how it looks after your suggestions. For now the tracks seem to counterweight the ridge and upon convertion the sky did not seem to bring something to the picture so I intentionally had it blown out. When I have time I will experiment as you say and maybe even post here :)

I'd have used the rule of thirds and cropped it so the man is in the first, also a bit cropped of the bottom creating a vertical third

That's great - now I have plenty of advices to try out :) Thank you!

Most reactions

Back