TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
024-1.jpg

I want to cut down that damn power line :irked: it's irritating :irked:

The power line kills the photo. Maybe try to photoshop it out?

The power line kills the photo. Maybe try to photoshop it out?

I know, the two best views have one and I can't compose them out, It irritates me to no end.

I am not the type to clone out imperfections of that nature regardless or how the results may turn out. Scratches in my negitives or dust in the scanner is one thing as it was not a part of the scene I was shooting, however a powerline is there on scene, If it is not to appear it will happen in composition not post process, That is just how I do things.

Apart from those high voltage overland lines we no longer have power lines in Germany, they are all underground. Almost EVERYWHERE. No house ANYWHERE still gets their power via a visible, hanging line. Maybe even further deep into the country than where we are, but not here. So if there are some power lines there, they are those many, big ones, with the huge pylons, and you can nicely compose those INTO your photos (sometimes, like I did here ).

Yes, The pylons give the powerlines an appropriate place in the photo, however on this line in particular the wooden pole it's connected to is buried behind a building far from the river bank on one side and a big old building on the other. There is some sort of Geological survey building on the bank that the line connects to before going across the river, I suppose I could use that to give it a place in the picture, I'll have to give it a try, though I think I will need a wider lens to pull it off but I'll try with what I have later on today.

On top of that the bridge off in the distance there has one beside it looking in the same direction that I can't compose out with out filling 3/4 frame with water and the anchors are hidden in the trees. I don't take many from that bridge so I don't exactly have any off hand to show it. :(

I would love to see the day when our power lines are buried, but....I prolly won't live that long....It takes six months to half bake a patch for a pot hole. Even then they prolly still go over the river, maybe a little more condenced but....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back