Winter Sucks

decado

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been going around trying to find places to get pictures and I just keep coming up short, nothing but boring endless whites, browns and grays. Does anyone else encounter a creative block in the winter? What do you do to work through that? Are there any types of things that you like to get pictures of in the winter that are interesting?

From a personal preference point of view, some of the most pleasing paintings and photos for me to look at are Snowy scenery and Desert scenery. Something very relaxing about it.

Two Words.......................................................................
Black & White

But, it's really difficult to capture, as a photograph, some of the subtle tonality that is present in a snowy scene.

The second point is that time of day and angle of the Sun are very critical.

I may plan 6 or 7 different shoots in a single day to get just the Sun angle I want. That means being on location, ready to shoot about 20 minutes before sunrise. The last shot of the day is done about 20 minutes after sunset. Then it's time to pack it all back up, haul it all back to the studio, and having a nice drink that takes the edge off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back