Winter time in the Smokies

Darton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple other shots I also took in Cades Cove in the Smokey Mountains I think these were taken two winters ago. Please C&C.

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Thanks for sharing. The Smokeys are wonderful. You've managed to capture some of the color and the "smoke" that is part of that range--nice.

My tips would be these:
1. Generally speaking you don't want to put the horizon in the middle of the photo. Choose what the message/subject/perspective is that you want for the viewer: the foreground or the sky. For each of these photos, the top of the peaks is just about in the middle of the frame.
2. Look at leading lines...as a way of drawing interest, as a way of adding perspective. First two photos you've got possible leading lines (the diagonal fence in the lower right). It either needs to be in the photo (as a leading line or a diagonal to add energy) or out of the photo. As it is, for the first two shots, that fence is subtly distracting.

Keep posting--that's beautiful territory.

Thanks for sharing. The Smokeys are wonderful. You've managed to capture some of the color and the "smoke" that is part of that range--nice.

My tips would be these:
1. Generally speaking you don't want to put the horizon in the middle of the photo. Choose what the message/subject/perspective is that you want for the viewer: the foreground or the sky. For each of these photos, the top of the peaks is just about in the middle of the frame.
2. Look at leading lines...as a way of drawing interest, as a way of adding perspective. First two photos you've got possible leading lines (the diagonal fence in the lower right). It either needs to be in the photo (as a leading line or a diagonal to add energy) or out of the photo. As it is, for the first two shots, that fence is subtly distracting.

Keep posting--that's beautiful territory.
It's a pretty stale thread, JoeW.

Most reactions

Back