Winter Walk

Lol999

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.17minutes.co.uk
Okay folks, sorry for the length, but here's a few snaps I got during my winter break. If anything, it highlights my need for a decent scanner:grumpy:

1) Local fishing lake

Dam.jpg
[/IMG]

2) I just saw the irony in the sign and the weather:mrgreen:

Chill.jpg
[/IMG]

3) A dredger on the canal

Dredge1.jpg
[/IMG]

4) Dredger from opposite view
Dredge2.jpg
[/IMG]

5),6),7) and 8) are up for choice. I saw the lost sign elsewhere in the town and came upon it down the canal. I can't make my mind up between how much of the fence, i.e. how elongated, the view should be. Also, I have opened up by a stop on some to give more detail to the background but this lightens the fence accordingly. Which gives the best sense of "lost" or isolation?

Cheers, Lol

Lost4.jpg
[/IMG]

Lost3.jpg
[/IMG]

Lost2.jpg
[/IMG]

Lost1.jpg
[/IMG]

nice series...images a bit large though.

so what's up with Jamie Hawkins?

nice set of pics :thumbup:

They are way large ... I try to imagine those whose dad did not give them a nice sum for Christmas so they could go and get themselves a new 19-inch TFT screen to replace the other, also quite new but unfortunately "dead" one, like myself (yuppieh! :boogie: )... they have to scroll and scroll...

And I see why you say you need a new scanner. Yes, it shows.
And yet: your series is very nice and I like the first very much, only is the horizon line a bit centred...

I pity Jamie's parents, they must be in some horrible dread, I remember when my cousin got missing (and was found drowned a month later! :shock: ) and we were all worried sick over him during the wait. It is terrible!

I see what you mean Corinna about the centred horizon. Unfortunately the ground was VERY muddy and I had no sheet with me to kneel on if I dropped the tripod down. I also wanted to retaiun the drain valve on the left hand side.

Unfortunately I need a new tripod and would like a separate exposure meter. I guess these take priority over a new scanner:grumpy:

Lol

Most reactions

Back