Wireless Remote not working for my Nikon D3100

Since the remote shutter release ( Wired or Wireless ) plugs into the plug labeled "GPS" ,,, make sure that the GPS setting ( "Menu" Button / "Tools" wrench symbol ) is NOT disabled....
I had the same problem with a "Wired" release 'till about a half hour ago ,, The book that comes with the camera isn't helpful at all on this subject. Sorry 'bout being about three years late
but I just got my camera a couple of months ago and I've mastered about 5% of its features ( old dog ,, new tricks , that kind-o-stuff ) ,, If this doesn't work ,,, I dunno ,, Hope this helps !!

i own a new nikon D3100 and wanted to have a wireless remote. i bought the Pixel RW-221 wireless remote from eBay ( RW-221 Wireless Shutter Remote for Nikon D7000 D3100 | eBay ).
however, when i hook it up, it don't work! the remote and the receiver are both on the same channel and they both light up green when i push 1/2 ways down on the shutter button on the remote, and when i press fully down, both flash red which indicated a photo should have been taken. but this doesn't happen, the camera doesn't even focus! is there some kind of setting that i should have my camera on? i even contacted nikon and they said the 3100 doesn't support wireless and that i should have a MC-DC2, but the link i provided above says it should! help please!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back