Wireless Shutter Release?

LOL!
I like the fact the wired one will still allow you to press it half way to get the focus!

Wasn't the title of your thread Wireless Shutter Release? :biggrin:

Use velcro put a bit on the back of your tripod and your clicker then it wont hit the ground all the time. Makes working with them so much easier

I bought a grip with an IR sensor on the front and rear that came with a remote. Since my 50D doesnt have an IR remote function. I works pretty well, auto focuses fine, has self timer, many features. Vertical button is odd compared to other grips though as its on the front instead of the corner. I posted a comment about it awhile back that has the brand but I am away from it at the moment so I couldnt tell you right now.

haha yes it was, but I was confused that you couldn't use it behind the camera? I think wired will work better for what I need.

LOL!
I like the fact the wired one will still allow you to press it half way to get the focus!
Yeah - the wired ones work exactly the same as the on-camera shutter release.

I have both (wired & wireless) and use both on occasion... For most of what I do, I find the wired ones easier to work with. Wireless is pretty much a must have for self portraits though, if you're into that. (They usually have a delay option, giving you time to hide the remote.)

Last edited:
Use velcro put a bit on the back of your tripod and your clicker then it wont hit the ground all the time. Makes working with them so much easier
That is an awesome Idea - I'm going to steal some velcro from work tomorrow and do that when I get home. :lmao:

Seriously though... I'll get it from one of the scrap bins or something..., lol.
(I'm an aircraft mechanic - almost anything I could want to use at home, I can find in a scrap bin. I'll just go to the upholstery shop and see if they have any small scraps of velcro...)

I usually just let it hang, but having it 'stressing' the connector (even though the remote weighs next to nothing) has always bothered me.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back