Wish me luck

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I mentioned in a post in the General Q&A (to which no one responded, BTW...), that I got my bro-in-law's camera (a Nikon 35mm) last saturday. Sunday, I went to Ritz (which I hate), and bought a battery and a roll of B/W film (there were already 3 rolls of color film in the camera bag).

I went through an entire roll of color on Sunday and 1/2 the B/W. I took the film to CVS Sunday night, and they should be ready tonight.

I'm very worried that they turned out like crap. I don't think I've ever actually used a 35mm SLR before, and it had a big ole lens on it.

Anyway, wish me luck that I didn't ruin all 24 exposures and that I got at least 1 good shot.

I had CVS put them on CD-ROM, so if there are any good ones I'll post them.

Good luck! :hug:: I really need to get my film camera out again and start using it more! (I have a canon AE-1Program)

I will. And that makes me think...for no particular reason (just the way ole Jo Cose's brain works, I reckon).

A friend at work likes to look at my pics (I have been trying to lure her into the TPF trap, but she is still resisting), and I showed her my most recent post (erasers in the General Gallary). I mentioned that it wasn't well received here on the Forum, and she seemed to get a little offended that people would criticize my work (not that she thinks I'm wonderful, but she feels that it's not other people's place to criticize). I tried to explain to her that that was exactly WHY I posted it. I've posted stuff that people say, "Damn Jo Cose, were you born with a camera in your hand?" and other posts where people will say, "That didn't work, perhaps you should try doing x, y, and z." BUT THE IMPORTANT THING is that I have NEVER gotten a comment that says, "Jo Cose, you suck! Give it up!"

I was nervous to post the first time (fortunately, I was pretty much ignored in the beginning :) ), but I post so I can get the comments, so I can learn. I think I conveyed that to her, and I think she got it.

OK, so what am I talking about. Oh, right, that I will post some if I think they are good enough because I know that while you may snicker in front of your monitor, you won't in your posts.

Good luck! Have them save the images on a disc in case you haven't mentioned that.

edit: I don't know if you can do that now!

it was like $2.99 extra. I figured that since I didn't pay for the camera, I could splurge on the extra $3, so I did it.

Hey, it's all part of the learning process. If you kept any kind of notes or exposure log, it's great to be able to sit down with that when you look at your prints.

Good luck! I have confidence in ya though. :D

wow... its quiet....too quiet:lmao:

I wanna see what they turn out with and *gasp* will my pictures be nicer than Jo Cose's? I developed a roll today of Tmax 400 in school. I only got one picture on the roll because myteacher makes his own rolls from a 100 ft roll and i got the last foot and a half :grumpy: But I bought another roll of 400 and I'm shooting it right now.

I should bring some pictures I've developed from school and post em:p

We'll I picked them up yesterday, and sure enough, they have reaffirmed my resolve that I should stick with digital. They all turned out really badly, but that's OK, like Terri said, it's a learning experinece.

Anyway, here are my excuses: it was my first time using a 35mm SLR, it was friggin' cold so I was shaking, and it was cloudy and overcast. Also, all the pics are really gainy. I'm thinking that this be due in part to the film being rather old (I would say at least 5 years old), sitting in the camera bag not even in a canister.

The very first one is a case of hitting the button and not realizing that it was going to take the picture :). The pics of the ice really suck, but it was awesome in real life. The sun was shining off of them and they were all bright and shiny. The cloud pics were all pretty and pink (I think I got some with my digital, so I need to look at them). Finally, the pic of the Department of Theatre, although crappy is my favorite conceptually. Once I get a DSLR, I want to try to try to take it again. The idea I was going for was to focus on the "OF" and have it fade out of focus on either side.

Anyway, here they are if you really want to see my dismal attempts. Oh, also, I forgot to rotate some of them. Sorry.

http://www.servatus.com/images/35mm/

And here's a cute picture to make up for these:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36799

Matty-Bass said:
wow... its quiet....too quiet:lmao:

I wanna see what they turn out with and *gasp* will my pictures be nicer than Jo Cose's? I developed a roll today of Tmax 400 in school. I only got one picture on the roll because myteacher makes his own rolls from a 100 ft roll and i got the last foot and a half :grumpy: But I bought another roll of 400 and I'm shooting it right now.

I should bring some pictures I've developed from school and post em:p

No doubt!!

not by much :er: :lmao: Practice, my friend, practice...

:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back