Wish We Had This In Aus

Went to a family dinner at an indian restaurant when i was about 20 - I ordered HOT vindaloo - i said i wanted it as hot as they could make it - the waiter (indian guy) tried to warn me off getting it LOL He then watched me eat it - have to say it was VERY hot but I ate it all :heart: hot food :D

I don't eat a lot of spicy foods, but one day I was in the mood for some fire. I went to Chili's and ordered these Habanero ribs, and they SET ME ON FIRE! They were so hot, my mouth hurt for two days. Every time I'd touch it against something, it would be sore. I got what I asked for, but it was too much. I will steer clear of Habanero anything, as not only was it too hot, but there wasn't very good flavor to it, either.

And then the other day we got a sandwich platter with some banana peppers on it. I took a big bite out of one and my mouth INSTANTLY started burning. It was touch and go for about a minute (I was seriously wondering if the pain was going to stop), but eventually it did. It turns out they weren't banana peppers, but a yellow chili pepper... and here I had just taken a HUGE bite of one.

I don't eat a lot of spicy foods, but one day I was in the mood for some fire. I went to Chili's and ordered these Habanero ribs, and they SET ME ON FIRE! They were so hot, my mouth hurt for two days. Every time I'd touch it against something, it would be sore. I got what I asked for, but it was too much. I will steer clear of Habanero anything, as not only was it too hot, but there wasn't very good flavor to it, either.

And then the other day we got a sandwich platter with some banana peppers on it. I took a big bite out of one and my mouth INSTANTLY started burning. It was touch and go for about a minute (I was seriously wondering if the pain was going to stop), but eventually it did. It turns out they weren't banana peppers, but a yellow chili pepper... and here I had just taken a HUGE bite of one.

If your mouth hurt for a few days i'd say it was the food was too hot (temperature) rather than the chili lol

Very hot Chili creates a reaction in your body where it makes the body produce natural endorphins (pain killers) cause the body thinks it has been hurt/burnt. Hence why some people become 'addicted' to chili lol Probably also why the people in that article got lightheaded etc after that one LOL

Endorphin release varies among individuals. This means that two people who exercise at the same level or suffer the same degree of pain will not necessarily produce similar levels of endorphins. Certain foods, such as chocolate or chili peppers, can also lead to enhanced secretion of endorphins. In the case of chili peppers, the spicier the pepper, the more endorphins are secreted. The release of endorphins upon ingestion of chocolate likely explains the comforting feelings that many people associate with this food and the craving for chocolate in times of stress.
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=55001

Hmm I don't crave chocolate - just need chili on everything lol - My 2.5yo also loves hot food lol

Last edited:
If your mouth hurt for a few days i'd say it was the food was too hot (temperature) rather than the chili lol

Chili creates a reaction in your body where it makes the body produce natural endorphins (pain killers) cause the body thinks it has been hurt/burnt. Hence why some people become 'addicted' to chili lol Probably also why the people in that article got lightheaded etc after that one LOL

The food wasn't hot temperature-wise. But it could be my reaction was psychological. But my mouth did feel sore. Like when something touched my tongue, there was a very faint feeling of soreness to the tongue itself, not the taste buds or anything. It probably was psychological if capsaicin isn't capable of producing that effect.

Either way I had some steamed broccoli with my meal, and when I ate it, it felt like the broccoli was sandpaper on my tongue. It was bad. :)

Most reactions

Back