With all of the excitement, I almost forgot why I bought this camera to begin with

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...and here he is.

IMG_3623.jpg

I just took this picture a few minutes ago. I was reading my 580EXII manual figuring out the flash I got the other day, and jumped over to manual to try and get the perfect shot of my son.

And I think I got it.

I added a slight vignette, otherwise no other PP was done.

Awesome shot tharmsen, defiantly a good reason to get a good camera.

Thanks everyone. :) I'm quite proud of him. He will be 4 months old next week. He's growing so fast. I wanted to capture every moment I could.

Did you shoot this with the 580EX II? If so, what was the shot info? And what was the flash set to?

Did you shoot everything in manual and drag the shutter?

Did you bounce the flash off the ceiling?

It's a really nicely lit shot.

Very cute baby! nice soft blue eyes. nice shot too.

I had the flash in auto mode, full power. I set the camera to f/4 (47mm) and 1/60 and the ISO was at 1000... previous setting I neglected to change. I bounced the shot off the ceiling.

Thanks, I'm really proud of it!

I have others in the set, I'll post them after Stargate. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Ahhh, nothing is better than stargate. SG1 or atlantis?

I wonder how many DSLR cameras are purchased because of our kids and grand kids?
That is why I bought my first one
Troy

I think anyone who cares about their family should own at least a simple reliable camera. Even a cheap point and shoot, it doesn't matter. As long as you can capture moments like this. This photo is why I believe that and why my job is selling cameras. Imagine how much this photo will now be cherished when he is much older.

Great capture, Tharmsen. Great stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back