With film cameras?

The Lost Art

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mojophotos.tumblr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, has anyone tried using a lensbaby with a 35mm film camera yet?

I'm still fairly new to photography so I'm not sure about this but I assume the Nikon fitting will fit my f90x and I'd love to play with one of these. Do you think it'd be practical to do so or does this kind of lens need a lot of experimentation? If they're easy enough to use I don't see why I'd waste a lot of film trying to get used to it.

It may not be entirely desirable to use a Lensbaby with a 35mm Camera. Reason being, Lensbabies are more for experimentation and trial and error (imo). With Digital, if you take a picture with a lensbaby and if everything is blurred to oblivion, not giving you the desired result, no problem, small adjustment, try again.

With film, you can't know until it is developed, at which point you may not know what you did wrong, an entire roll wasted because you used too big an aperture and tilted too much.

With digital, you can immediately fix that, learning as you go. Something which is not available with 35mm.

If you still want the Lensbaby feel and mentality, obtain a Lomography Diana. New, they go from 50 to 60 dollars (about 1/6th the value of a Lensbaby Composer, depending where you look).

Last edited:
OK guys - share the secret - what the hell's a lensbaby?

Maybe I'm showing my age!

John Boy

Most reactions

Back