with teddy, 10 jun 04

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
w-teddy1.1.jpg

Ummmm......OK now that I've quit staring at the main distraction :p

Awsome balance of window light (like?) between highlights and shadow. The only nit-pick thing is the drapes. If they had ended just to the left of her head/hair it would have framed her a little better without dividing the pic. I learned the hard way that's one of the number one things magazine editors look for with people pics. Lines that blend into each other that decrease seperation of objects and mystery lines that make you ask "where'd it come from? and/or 'where'd it go?"

I give it an A- as everything else is perfect according to my eyeballs........

wanna tell everybody some background???

i like it!! wanna see it in color!

md

I think #1 is the strongest for a couple of reasons. First, the b&w. Shots like this are ALWAYS more powerful in b&w IMO. Also, the model is looking at the camera. While that's not always necessary, I think with this series it seems to add something. #3 would blow the others away if she was looking back toward the camera, her head tilted back just a bit more. With #3 the power is in that odd jumbled juxtaposition of her legs.

Also, a nitpick, but I'm not overly keen on the selective softening on the 2nd two. If it was less of it, it'd be okay, but like on #3, look at the model's left foot. My eye is naturally pulled away from her foot and onto that area where the detail suddenly blurs away.

Shark said:
Annnnnd Johnny's got a new desktop background!

:D :thumbsup:

:LOL:

These is a very nice series, Tobes....I'd have to agree on the B&W, too (but then I prefer that most times). :wink: Your lighting here is just lovely. Nice work!!

Cripes that last one makes me jealous...what a gorgeous looking girl...(and no, Im not into girls but hell I can see what makes her attractive)

Beautiful shot. Wish someone could capture me that way some day (ah. yeah..)

First of all I would like to say that you have a great model for your pics.

Honestly, while I love the look on the model's face in the first and last shot I am really drawn to the second one. I like the composition using her arms and her hair to keep the viewer's eyes in the picture.

Ok, now, I have to say this because it bugs me when this happens both in shots I'm in and others. The bags next to the bed HAVE to go. They're in the first and third picture and really take away from the shot. That's a pet peeve of mine.

That last shot is really nice but her arm being stuck out and her hair being out is pointing me off the picture. Maybe if they were curved just a little more it might help. Also nitpicky, but you start to lose the model's left foot in the dark area in the top left corner. It would be better if all you had was the white of the comforter.

Just my $0.02

The last one is gorgeous. I like the way the model is working with the camera much more than in the first. Very nice work. (just curious - have you tried this shot in b/w? I agree with Shark about the power of b/w and think it would be great with this shot - though I think it's a fantastic shot just as it is.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back