Withered

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by milkshake, Jul 30, 2005.

1. milkshake

milkshake TPF Noob!

This is a photo i took of a flower on my stairs at the front of my house, i am inpartial with the gradient effect i used, i think it adds a melancholy mood? and draws ur attention to the flower. But please a genereal critique on the mood of the image, composition, etc. etc.
    Fuji sensia 100, forget what settings. sorry... i have really got to start writing this stuff down.

Thankyou in advance.
    OTE

[​IMG]

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like the idea, however I feel that the main subject (flower) is too far to the left, and the right side is too dark. Maybe try several shots, moving things around and seeing what works. If you have a cheap digital camera, it's a great way to play with composition and not waste film... nice work!

3. milkshake

milkshake TPF Noob!

Hey tirediron and thanks for your comments... i forgot to mention that this shot was taken as an idea for my bands EP cover. Which is why the flower is very far off to the left and the right side is dark... i did a rough thing in photoshop of what i wanted to do.

[​IMG]

4. nannabug

nannabug TPF Noob!

There's almost an optical illusion with this image. Is one looking down the stairs or looking up the stairs?
    If one were looking up the stairs, then the flower would be stuck on the riser instead of on the tread. That is what struck me as odd about this image... the perspective.

5. milkshake

milkshake TPF Noob!

good or bad nannabug?

6. wjsr

wjsr TPF Noob!

Unusual , but quite artistic. Not quite the photo I would aspire to , however one I can appreciate.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the composition of the photo, but the grety tones just seem off to me. A little bland really. Did you just desat this in ps? If not try to play with the values, it should make the flower pop even more.

8. milkshake

milkshake TPF Noob!

i used the channel mixer... i set (from ascending order, cause i forgot what the colours are called) 39%, 50%, 11%

9. lazarus219

lazarus219 TPF Noob!

Hey,
    I like the composition and tones of the picture, but i really don't like the gradient, im one of the people that don't like excessive photoshopping though.
    Maybe a little cropping on the right side would help, theres just a bit too much empty frame.

Do you have a copy of the original?

By the way- try posting smaller copies of you pics, its easier to see and then to critique.